- Society of American Archivists (SAA) Official archival professional organization of the United States
- Association for Recorded Sound Collections Dedicate to the presevation and study of sound recordings from all periods.
- Music Library Association Provides a forum for librarians, archivists, and others who support and preserve the world’s musical heritage.
- Archives Association of British ColumbiaOffers an archivist toolkit with access to on-line and published resources for those interested in archives.
- Illinois Archival Repositories List of repositories located within the state of Illinois
- ArchiveGrid Offers information about millions of collections held globally in libaries, archives, and museums.
- 2022 National Census of History OrganizationsCreated by the American Association for State and Local History, this directory is a first-of-its-kind effort to document the historicy community in the United States.
- Directory of Corporate Archives in the United States and Canada Maintained by the Society of American Archivist, this databse offers information about corporate archives.
- Archives of American Art Research Collections Provides information about visual arts collections in American - some with digital content.
- Archives of American Art - Chicago CollectionsOffers information about Chicago, Illinois held collections relating to art and art history.
Consortia & Local Collections
- Chicago Collections Consortium Provides access to Chicago-area collections with Chicago-centric content from more than 50 different local repositories
- Black Metropolis Research Consortium (BMRC) Chicago Collections on Black ExperiencesA database to member organizations' archival holdings documenting African American and African diasporic collections related to Chicago.
- Illinois Digital Archives Repository for collections of the Illinois State Library and other libraries and cultural institutions in the State of Illinois.
- CARLI Digital Collections Repository for digital content created by member libraries of the Consortium of Academic and Research Library in Illinois.
- Library of Congress Digital Collections Concentrates on rare collection holdings
- America's Historical Documents Bill of Rights, Declaration of Independence, and others.
- National Archives & Records Administration (NARA) Catalog Access the catalog for images, transcriptions, documents, and other holdings
- Smithsonian Online Virtual ArchivesProvides integrated access to descriptions and detailed inventories of thousands of primary resource collections maintained by archival units across the Smithsonian.
- American Archive of Public BroadcastingDiscover historic programs of publicly funded radio and television across America to watch and listen.
- African Activist ArchiveAccess materials from global activism in the struggles of African people against colonialism, apartheid, and social injustice from the 1950s through the 1990s.
- HathiTrust Digital LibraryIn partnership with academic and research institutions, offers millions of titles digitized from libraries around the world.
- Internet ArchiveA non-profit library of books, movies, software, music, website, and more.
- University of California-Santa Barbara Wax Cylinder Archive listen to its online archive of cylinder recordings and learn about how these sounds and songs create an audio history of American culture.
- National Park Service Conserv-o-grams A series of short, focused leaflets about caring for museum objects
- Northeast Document Conservation Center (NEDCC) The Center provides preservation leaflets with information on a wide variety of preservation topics and links to additional resources
- The Preservation Self-Assessment Program GuideThe University of Illinois and its project partners developed this tool to help collection managers improve conditions of collection materials
- Conservation Online (CoOL) for the General Public Library of conservation information, covering a wide spectrum of topics of interest to those involved with the conservation of library, archives and museum materials
- Digital Preservation Provides information about digital preservation standards and best practices, tools and services and education and training.
- Levels of Digital Preservation Provides a handy chart to guide through digital preservation levels, documentation, and an assessment tool.