Off-Campus Access to Databases/Electronic Resources
Off-campus use of library databases and electronic journals is restricted to current faculty, students and staff. At this time, alumni do not have access to electronic resources off-campus, but can use them by visitng an on-campus location. If you are a current faculty, student or staff and having problems accessing these resources, please check the information below for a possible solution:
- Make sure you are accessing the database or journal through the Library's website (https://library.colum.edu/) or the Library's Databases A-Z list (http://libguides.colum.edu/az.php)
- Clear your browser cache and history, close the browser, then restart your computer
- Are your browser and plug-ins up-to-date?
- Try switching to a different browser
- Verify that your OASIS login and password are working correctly (try logging into your Moodle or OASIS account)
- Some databases have a limited number of simultaneous users and may be temporarily unavailable because of high usage
- Try accessing a different database to see if the problem is vendor/database specific. If you can access a different database then please notify the Reference Desk (312-369-7153) or contact us through Ask a Librarian so we can contact the non-working vendor/database.
If you continue to experience access problems not addressed by the suggestions above, please contact the Reference Desk (312-369-7153), use the Report a Problem form, or Ask a Librarian.
On-Campus Access to Databases/Electronic Resoures
All library databases and electronic journals are accessible to students, faculty, staff, alumni, and visitors. If you encounter any problems accessing or using a database while on campus, please contact the Reference Desk (312-369-7153), use the Report a Problem form, or Ask a Librarian.
For additional information, please see the Computer & Electronic Resources Usage Policy.