Manuscript collections created by individuals, organizations, or groups whose content and creative work supports Columbia College Chicago curriculum and in consultation with the College Archives Advisory Group. These collections are located on the second floor of 619 S. Wabash Avenue. The Center for Black Music Research Collections are located on the sixth floor of 618 S. Michigan Avenue.
Focused Collections Book Room:
Located on the 4th floor of the Library, 624 S. Michigan Ave., the Focused Collections Book Room features printed contemporary and research rare works in published and serial formats in three collecting areas:
- Typographers: individuals’ work on typefaces and fonts
- ABC/123: interpretations of alphabet letters and numbers
- Limited edition publications
- Photobooks publications
Design: examples of innovative ways to create visual identity focusing on:
- Promotional design: to create public awareness of services or products
- Book as art: works of art in book form
Faculty/Staff Book Collection:
Located within the Focused Collections Book Room, this collection of published works is authored or edited by individuals employed at Columbia College Chicago at the time of publication. Click here to view the collection.